I don’t know why I feel so nervous, my head is all over the place at the moment and I’ve only been called for Jury Duty. I think it’s because you don’t expect it, sort of feels like you’re being drafted to protect your country or something.
It kind of went down a bit like this…
- Peter: Everyone, guess what.
- Stewie: What?
- Peter: I have been selected.
- Brian: For what?
- Peter: Oh, nothing too important, just jury duty! They have summoned me. I am part of an elite group of individuals deemed intelligent enough to decide the fate of a fellow citizen.
- Meg: [laughs]
- Peter: Ah, the amused laughter of the envious. You know, they don’t just pick anybody for this job.
- Brian: Yeah they do.
- Peter: Brian, perhaps I have not made myself clear. I have been entrusted to pass judgment upon others.
- Brian: Everybody gets called for jury duty, you stupid idiot! I’ve been called! The only reason you’ve never been called is that they use the voter registration list, and this past election is the first time you ever voted.
Might as well get it over and done with, you can only defer once, so once you’re summoned, there’s no way out unless you have a VERY good excuse.